First: HAPPY OCTOBER!
Second: On Tuesday (9/29) my day was extremely awesome and then went downhill. I shall explain.
The boy was acting all suspicious when I went to lunch with him and I was like, what's going on? why won't you tell me? and other questions like that. He wouldn't answer. But whatever. I come back to my dorm, open the door and there is a vase full of flowers, and the bottom of the vase is surrounded with 6 Reese's peanut butter cups - my favorite. The note is SOOOO adorable, I love it.
It reads:
*Insert my name here*
My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you
I've been running circles in my mind
and it always seems that you girl
can take me to the place that alone I'll never find.
I love you! *insert boyfriend's name here*
now, the actual lines there (not the "I love you" but everything else) is from "Can't fight this feeling" - which is sung by Finn in the first episode of one of my favorite shows, "Glee".
After this wonderful exchange, I go to my other class, then run off to do errands in Tenleytown with my roommate, where i get a phone call from one of my mom's friends at home, asking if i'm okay and how i'm feeling and stuff like that, where I'm like, ....yeah, i'm fine... why wouldn't i be? and she realized she called too early.
Two minutes later (while i'm still in the store) my mom calls and tells me that my grandmother died. It was my grandmother on my mom's side, and she was sick for 2-3 years. It was especially hard on my mom while she was sick because my mom ran EVERYWHERE for my grandmother - she got her medicine, went to get groceries, went to the hospital with her when she was sick, brought her food, did like EVERYTHING for her. But I'm glad that my mom doesn't have to do all of that anymore, even though my grandmother's gone. She wasn't the same when she was sick, so i'm trying to think of all the good memories with her (before she was sick) and realize that she's in a better place and she's not suffering anymore.
I was a mess that day. A little bit on the following day. Was very sad on Thursday. Friday, I went home. Was a wreck at the viewing Friday and the funeral Saturday. I'm glad I got to see my family though. All 10 of my cousins and all of my aunts and uncles. My friend came from her college with her parents, along with my friend from high school (i know you'll be reading this, so thank you) and yeah. it was nice to see people. I felt like i didn't know half the people though when they kept greeting us and all of that.
Third: MY TEACHERS DECIDED TO HATE ME AND ASSIGN 4 TESTS FOR ME TO TAKE THIS WEEK. I already had 2, and I have 2 more coming up. One was a re-test, but still, ya kno?
Fourth: I went out to dinner with my uncle on Tuesday, he was in DC for work. a little awkward considering i just saw him for the funeral, but again, dinner was nice. we just went to some pizza place in Tenleytown. quiet, but nice. he offered to get me a glass of wine, and i'm like, I don't drink, you should know this! haha.
Fifth: trying to get ahead with work because i've been busy.
Sixth: a friend from home is coming early on Saturday and leaving even earlier on Sunday. wahoo for seeing friends from home! :D
Seventh: I'm going to go finish my work so I can watch GLEE! YAY GLEE I'M SO PSYCHED!
No comments:
Post a Comment